We’ve added a new ad size to our arsenal – the Billboard! We have two Billboard ad unit,s the 970×250 and the 970×90. Given their large size, Billboards are an ideal canvas for rich creatives such as video.
Here are some of the major benefits of using the Billboard ad size:
1. The Billboard ad size spans the full width of the page.
Billboards command attention because they span almost the full width of the page. This makes them ideal for new product releases or branded sponsorships.
2. They’re ideal for videos and other rich media.
Many publishers run video advertising in the billboard. This is a great way to increase overall revenue, as video ads generally receive CPMs 2-3x as high as display.
Even though Billboards frequently run video, they are required by IAB to meet several quality standards. These include:
- A “Show Ad” button when the ad is closed
- A “Close” button in the upper-right corner
- Audio must be user-initiated and include a “Mute” button
- If the video is autoplay, it cannot exceed 30 seconds
3. Billboards typically garner high CPMs.
Due to its large size and Above The Fold (ATF) position, Billboards often get high CPMs. But because of their size, we generally recommend using only one per page.