In the online advertising world, video is bigger than ever. According to Forbes.com, Online video ad revenue will reach nearly $5 billion in 2016, up from $2.8 billion in 2013.
Video CPMs are generally two to three times as high as display CPMs. Which is why we want to explain exactly how to install Sovrn In-Stream Video, our latest and greatest video product.
How to Create Video Ad Tags within Meridian
- Within your Meridian account, go to Tools, select Ad Tags, and then click the yellow “Create Ad Tag” button in the upper righthand corner.
- Enter your ad tag name and select “Video” ad type. The delivery type is automatically set to In Stream, so leave that as is.
- Next, enter your CPM Floor Price. We recommend leaving the price floor at $0.00 to start, and then adjusting as needed later.
- If you have a high percentage of international readers, click the button “Maximize fill for international traffic by ignoring floor”. This means you will allow bids lower than your price floor for international traffic, increasing your overall fill.
- To save, click the “Save Changes” button in the upper righthand corner. To edit your tag, such as to edit the tag name or price floor, click the “edit” tab in Ad Tag Manager.
- Next, click the “install” tab and copy the VAST URL. From there you can place the URL wherever VPAID-complaint ad tags are accepted. This could be directly in a player or in an ad server.
How to install Video Ad Tags in JW Player Ads
- Copy the VAST URL from your mMeridian account.
- In your JW Player Ads Addition account, select “Players” in the upper menu bar. Then click on an existing player through which you want to run ads.
- Under the “Advertising” tab in the left sidebar, toggle “Advertising” to “On”.
- Make sure “VAST” is selected, then paste the Sovrn VAST URL in “Preroll Tag URL”.
- From here, click “Save Changes”.
- To embed the video on your site, click the “embed” button on the Player Homepage.
- Copy the embed code, and paste directly onto your site.