The Anywhere tool can be accessed at https://publishers.viglink.com/publisher/anywhere.
- Be sure to select the Site you want to use.
- In the “Enter a URL” field, paste a regular merchant URL that you want Anywhere to affiliate. By regular we mean unaffiliated URLs, like this Macy’s link to a Calvin Klein wallet.
- If desired, you can track individual links with CUID. Click here to learn more.
- The “Optimize Link” setting will allow Sovrn //Commerce to redirect your link to a different merchant that is carrying the exact same product but is paying a higher commission rate. Click here to learn more.
- If desired, you can shorten your URL with Bit.ly. Note that you should alwayswrap your merchant link in a Anywhere redirect first before shortening it with a link shortener.
- Click the “Build” button and voila: your link’s changed to a redirect with your unique API key:
(Keep in mind that this example uses one of our master account’s API keys; you should use the unique API key generated when you created your Site so that all clicks and revenue correctly track to your Publisher Dashboard.)
For added convenience, drag the Bookmarklet badge (marked #7) to the bookmarks bar on the browser of your choice. Using the Bookmarklet, you can create an Anywhere link with one click—without needing to navigate away from the merchant page you’re browsing! See a great item you’re itching to share with your readers? Click the Bookmarklet on the product page you’re on, click “Copy to Clipboard,” and you’re ready to post!
Keep in mind you can shorten via Bit.ly straight from the Bookmarklet and optionally post your newly-created VigLink Anywhere link to Twitter or Facebook.
Wrapping in bulk
Wrapping links is easy using the Anywhere tool. However, you may want to wrap multiple links at once. To make it easy, we’ve built a Google spreadsheet that you can use to wrap multiple links quickly. Go to File > Make A Copy and just enter your links into Column A to generate wrapped links.
You can also wrap the links manually. Your links should be formatted like this:
Just replace everything in the brackets, including the brackets themselves.
You can find your API key on the Sites page ( https://publishers.viglink.com/publisher/sites ) of your Sovrn //Commerce account. Look for the key icon () under the “Actions” section.
This is the URL you want to affiliate. You need to make sure to “HTML encode” the URL to ensure VigLink works properly. You can easily encode URL’s here. Just enter your URL and click “encode.”
Important! Make sure not to encode the entire wrapped URL — just the URL you want to affiliate.