Data File Format
- Daily Gzipped .TSV files, ideally with each file not exceeding 1GB. Large datasets should be separated into multiple files (named part001, part002, etc…)
- Each row is an individual device id to hashed email record
- See below for data fields to include with each record (e.g. device_id, md5_hashed_email, etc.)
- If possible, please include a header row with column names in each TSV file. Exactly as written below
- Partner delivers location data to Sovrn SFTP /IN/mobile_data/
- File name should be: <yourcompanyname>_mobile_data_<YYYYMMDD>.tsv.gz
Data File Fields
Mobile data is a combination of one mobile advertising ID (MAID) with one hashed email, and indicates that the specified device is employed by the specified user. This data is valuable in helping advertisers connect existing targeting data to mobile devices or to create cross-device campaigns
- Do not include any records of users who have limited ad tracking in Android or iOS or otherwise opted out of your system
- Deliveries should be made to the Sovrn SFTP daily.
- Use the following instructions to format your lines appropriately.
A line in your mobile data file is thus formatted as follows:
<mobile_ad_id> <id_type> <ip_address> <timestamp> <lc_md5_hashed_email> <lc_sha1_hashed_email> <lc_sha_256_hashed_email> <user_agent> <country_code>
An actual line would look like this:
Field Definition Required:
Required Fields : If you do not send these fields, our process will reject your file
mobile_ad_id IDFA or AAID. This must be delivered in cleartext (unhashed).
id_type “IDFA” or “AAID”
ip_address This value is the public /external IP address of the device that made the request, received on the server side. It must be in IPv4 format, e.g. “ 188.8.131.52 ”.
timestamp Timestamp of the moment the matchkey was recorded. Must be in Unix Time in milliseconds, aka the number of milliseconds since “the epoch” (January 1, 1970, 00:00:00 GMT)
lc_md5_hashed_email - Email address hashed by the md5 hashing function. Email must be lowercase with all blank spaces removed before hashing
lc_sha1_hashed_email - Email address hashed by the sha1 hashing function. Email must be lowercase with all blank spaces removed before hashing
lc_sha_256_hashed_email - Email address hashed by the sha256 hashing function. Email must be lowercase with all blank spaces removed before hashing
country_code A two-digit country code, using the standard ISO-3166-1 format
Field Definition Option:
Please include these fields only if data is available. Append these columns after the required fields
*Highly recommended fields
speed iOS = CLLocationSpeed ; Android = getSpeed
device_model Android = android.os.Build.Model
device_language iOS = NSLocale preferredLanguages ; Android = getDisplayLanguage
model This should be the name of the mobile device as collected from Android or iOS. It should include not just the brand (Samsung) or device type (iPad), but a model type and number as well (Samsung Galaxy S6 or iPad 3)
*package_name The Package Name that has been extracted from the phone, in its original format (e.g., “com.instagram.android”)
wireless_carrier This should be the name of the wireless carrier. Examples: "T-Mobile", "AT&T", etc
wireless_network This should be the name of the wireless network, for example: "ACTV"
wireless_roaming This should be the name of the wireless roaming carrier if the user is roaming
uc_md5_hashed_email - Email address hashed by the md5 hashing function. Email must be uppercase with all blank spaces removed before hashing
uc_sha1_hashed_email - Email address hashed by the sha1 hashing function. Email must be uppercase with all blank spaces removed before hashing
uc_sha_256_hashed_email - Email address hashed by the sha256 hashing function. Email must be uppercase with all blank spaces removed before hashing