Join pioneers, entrepreneurs and independent publishers to examine the transformation of the publishing industry
BOULDER, Colo., Aug. 27, 2015 – The I² Independent x Influential Summit today announced two new speakers for the Sept. 9 event taking place at the Fairmont in San Francisco. Ben Thompson, founder and author of stratechery.com will be kicking off the day with a morning keynote on “Aggregation Theory.” Tamsen Webster, executive producer of TEDx Cambridge, will be closing out the summit by discussing “What TED can teach us about content creation.”
In addition to the two keynote speakers, Ev Williams of Medium and Aparna Chennapragada of Google will be interviewed by John Battelle, founder of Wired Magazine, on the challenges faced by today’s content creators and their thoughts on the future of the independent web.
As part of the conference, industry leaders will also share insights into current issues and trends to help independent publishers better compete within the changing industry landscape. These include:
- Michael Driscoll, CEO, Metamarkets, “Data-Driven Secrets of Programmatic Publishers”
- John Millinovich, CEO, URX, “Mobile is About Now & Next”
- Jack Krawczyk, vice president of product, Pandora, “Beyond Viewability – Paying for Attention”
- Matt Thomson, chief product officer, Bitly, “Dark Social Matters – Harnessing Channels that Only Exist In Theory”
- Sean Blanchfield, CEO, PageFair, “Surviving AdBlock”
- Dave Otten, CEO, JW Player, “Speed Matters”
Finally, Walter Knapp, CEO of Sovrn will moderate a panel discussion “Attention, Algorithms & Attribution – How Consumer Data is Impacting Publisher & Marketer Economics” with Ali Dasdan, senior vice president of engineering and product management at Turn, Alicia Navarro CEO of Skimlinks, and Jon Roberts vice president of data at About.com.