At Sovrn, we’re dedicated to helping publishers generate more revenue and grow their business. Our Commerce platform is already the fastest, most flexible way to earn through ecommerce and affiliate marketing — but we know it can always be better!
That’s why we’re rolling out three new features designed to give you greater insight into your affiliate marketing program. Here’s a preview:
1. Approved merchant dashboard
In order to effectively build your affiliate program, you need accurate information about the merchants you’re approved for and the rates you can expect to earn. With our new merchant dashboard, you can easily view and search your approved list of merchants and get details on conversion rates, payout structure, and more.
That’s right, all of your approved merchant info is now available in one place. You can even estimate earnings — or make smart choices between similar merchants — using merchant optimization metrics like average order value, average conversion rate, and average commission rate. Performance data is calculated on a rolling 90-day average, and rate information is ingested directly from our demand partners to ensure accuracy and reliability.
Want more details on the approved merchant dashboard? Check out this Knowledge Base article.
2. UTM parameters for affiliate links
A strong affiliate marketing program requires constant optimization, so it’s critical to have accurate, up-to-date insights on which affiliate links are generating the most revenue — and which campaigns and channels are performing best.
To provide these granular insights, we’ve added five new UTM tracking parameters that can be appended to affiliate links and URLs:
- utm_source identifies the advertiser, site, or publication that is sending traffic to your property.
- utm_medium shows the medium (or channel) that generated a click — e.g., email, CPC, or social.
- utm_campaign lets you flag an individual campaign name, tagline, or promo code.
- utm_term identifies paid search keywords used in a specific campaign.
- utm_content can be used to differentiate individual links or CTAs within a piece of content.
These new UTM parameters allow you to break down performance data on every link so you can easily assess reader engagement and adjust your content strategy to drive more revenue. This article provides more details and step-by-step instructions for setup.
3. Enhanced Commerce reporting
Advanced UTM tracking is even more useful when it’s combined with our new Commerce reporting functionality. You can now access five new reports for detailed insights on link performance, merchant approvals, merchant approvals, and more.
Just click on the “Reporting” button in the top right corner of the publisher dashboard to see:
- CUID/UTM report: Link-level performance metrics with UTM tracking parameters and custom tracking identifiers (CUID), based on the site and time frame you select.
- Revenue update report: Granular transaction data including revenue, transaction date, and more. This report is especially useful for reconciling clicks, transactions, and payouts.
- Non-monetized clicks report: Insights into the clicks that were not monetized for the site and time frame you select.
- Approved merchant report: A comprehensive list of merchants you’re approved for, including approved countries, estimated commissions, and estimated conversion rates.
- Merchants at risk report: A list of merchant programs that have recently been paused or canceled, along with your earnings with these merchants over the last 30 days.
These detailed performance and merchant reports can be delivered to your inbox with just a few clicks. For more info and detailed instructions, check out this article.
Ready to start driving more affiliate revenue?
These are just a few of the many ways Sovrn can help you optimize your affiliate marketing strategy. If you’re a current Sovrn Commerce affiliate partner, feel free to reach out with questions. Our support team is standing by to help you reach your audience and meet your revenue goals.
If you’re not already earning with Sovrn Commerce, sign up now! It only takes a few clicks, and you can start earning right away.