This post was originally published on Become a Blogger.
I invited Nathan Putnam from The Blogger Network for today’s episode to help us understand better what display advertising is and how it can help us earn more and maximize that income from the ads we put on our blogs.
He also clarified and answered some common questions most bloggers ask:
- Are ads good for every blog? What kinds of blogs are good for running ads?
- Ads drive people away from your blog. At what point is it justified to do so?
- What are the important numbers that I need to pay attention to and how do I use them to make the right decisions?
- If I’m simply using Google Adsense on my blog, am I leaving money on the table? How so?
- Where are the best positions to place ads on a blog?
- How do I better manage my ads to make more money?
He also defined for us some technical terms related to adHow To Maximize Your Income From Display Ads placements:
- Ad Exchange
- Cost Per Mille (CPM)
- Effective Cost Per Mille (eCPM)
- Revenue Per Mille (RPM)
- Cost Per Click (CPC)
- Cost Per Acquisition (CPA)
- Real-Time Bidding (RTB)
Listen to the full podcast on Become a Blogger’s Soundcloud channel.