We recently had the opportunity to catch up with KariAnne from Thistlewood Farm, one of our favorite Home & Garden publishers. She was gracious enough to provide us with an insight into what’s going on at Thistlewood Farm, some advice for all the newer publishers out there, and even a glimpse of her audience metrics.
1. Thistlewood Farm was selected as one of the top 10 decorating blogs by Better Homes and Gardens.
2. Thistlewood Farm was selected as Decorating Blog of the Year by Country Living.
3. The house will be featured in the Christmas issue for Better Homes and Gardens.
4. I recently started a blog consulting business.
5. I recently started another blog all about burlap.
Advice for New Bloggers
1. Be authentic. There is only one you.
2. Promote, promote, promote. Partner with other bloggers as well as look for marketing opportunities to enhance your brand.
3. Brand yourself across all social media.
4. Constantly work on your photography to put your best foot forward.
Audience & Social Snapshot
* over 450,000 monthly page views (according to Google Analytics)
* 125,000 + followers
as follows (no pun intended):
* 46,000 + Pinterest subscribers
* 39,000 + Facebook likes
* 18,000 + Feed subscribers
* 10,500 Instagram followers
* 4,250 + Google + followers
* 3000 + Twitter followers