I’ve always wanted to write a book. Kind of like the way some people dream about growing old working on a vineyard in Napa or Southern France. Although, like them (I’m sure), I’ve romanticized the hell out of the whole book writing thing. Could you imagine how much work that would take? How much time and effort and ink and paper and cups of coffee (and whiskey) and bags of wasabi peas and episodes of The West Wing will be consumed?! Probably a lot.
It’s much easier to write a fun Friday read, dappled with some of my favorite links from Sovrn bloggers. So, kick your feet up, lean back and enjoy this little 10 minute break from work!
1. The most epic mother/son dance off. Ever.
2. For all the lovers out there. Anyone who says they don’t tear up a little when they hear this song is just lying. Right?
3. I’m about to hop on a plane for Katie’s best friend’s wedding in Lexington, KY. #1 I’m from the San Francisco, California (one of the most liberal parts of the country) & #2 I wear Levis jeans, a blue t-shirt I got for $5 from Target and vans to work everyday (in Boulder, CO). Needless to say, I don’t fit in with the southern crowd. However, in my search for packing tips for my quick little weekend trip, I found this post quite helpful and thought I’d share.
4. Springtime is (apparently) all about revisiting your New Years Resolutions. (One of) mine was to start eating better and getting my pounce back. I visited one of my favorite Sovrn publishers, Pinch of Yum, and noticed that they just released Everyday Healthy, the perfect way to get back on track. Check it out!
5. Out of all the concerts in the world, what would be the one show you’d shell out a paycheck (or two) for? This upcoming tour might not be my #1, but it would be damn close.
6. A little “news” never hurt anyone — especially when it involves opening a wine bottle with your shoe.
8. 50 incredible feats of modern machinery. #5’s purpose is so simple, yet brilliant!
9. In honor of his birthday, here are 6 covers of Stevie Wonder songs that prove his music is timeless.
10. Because it’s Friday and I needed to waste 12 minutes and 43 seconds.