- Collection of personal data. Explain what information is being collected and why. Be sure to include how it is collected as well (cookies, sign-ups, clicks, etc.)
- Third-party partners. If you are sharing information with a third-party, be clear about what you are sharing and why. Also make sure to include links to their websites.
- Storing information. How do you store the information you collect? Include the name of the provider you use to securely store the data of your readers. Give readers the option of verifying, correcting, changing or removing personal registration information.
- Opt-out. Make sure to provide your readers with an easy way to opt-out of future communications.
- There may be changes. Inform your readers that your policy will be updated periodically, and let them know how you plan to communicate such changes.
Written by sovrn’s Marketing Coordinator, Samantha Haltman