It’s hot out there right now, and so are a host of new deals kicking off next week by several major retailers. You’d think it was the mad rush of the holiday season, even down to one retailer branding next week “Black Friday in July.”
To help you get a jump on all the best deals to share with your readers, we’ve compiled a quick list of how you can turn up the heat next week and kick off your summer affiliate earnings.
- July 10-12: Best Buy Black Friday in July
Best Buy is bringing Black Friday to July with discounts on TVs, e-bikes, smartwatches, laptops, and other items from major brands, including Samsung, Sony, and Apple. Pro tip: Customers enrolled in My Best Buy Plus or My Best Buy Total will have access to exclusive membership deals and better discounts on certain products.
- July 10-13: Walmart+ Week
A brand-new event for the major retailer, Walmart is touting its Walmart+ Week as one of their biggest sales of the year. While products across all shopping categories will be discounted, high-performing categories include home goods, apparel, and tech products. Note that Walmart Plus members get early access to deals on July 10, but on July 11 the sale is open to anyone.
- July 11-13: Amazon Prime Day 2023
Prime Day is Amazon’s biggest shopping event of the year with exclusive deals for Prime members across almost all product categories. High-performing categories include consumer electronics, beauty, household essentials, and home goods. In addition, for the first time Amazon is offering select invite-only deals as well as exclusive savings when using Buy With Prime.
- July 11 – August 6: Nordstrom Anniversary Sale
Nordstrom’s biggest fashion event of the year is a top purchase driver year after year, making it a great opportunity to promote big-name merchandise. Cardholders enjoy early access between July 11 and the 16th; after that, the sale extends to anyone through August 6.
4 ways to maximize your affiliate strategy
- Keep your content fresh. Deals shopping is the gift that keeps on giving, and if your readers like what they see, they’ll come back to shop more (including during the actual holiday season). As deals end, swap them out for new promotions. While you’re at it, take a look at your evergreen content and identify opportunities to update outdated affiliate links.
- Go beyond the big retailers. Do feature these major retailers, but other merchants will be taking note and following suit with deals of their own. Now is a great time to look for other brands and retailers that will appeal to your audience who may be offering as much or more in commissions. Check the Preferred Merchants tab in the Sovrn Commerce dashboard for a list of merchants offering premium commission rates.
- Use price comparisons. With shopping budgets still tight, earning revenue means attracting as many clicks and conversions as possible. By automatically displaying pricing info from multiple retailers, you can help your readers find the best deals on the products they want — and increase click-through rates by up to 200%.
- Start planning for Q4. It seems a long time away right now, but the real Black Friday and Cyber 5 week will be here before you know it. All signs point to shoppers remaining fixated on nabbing the best deals, so plan your strategy now to focus on top-performing categories. Last year, top holiday season performers included sports and fitness, consumer electronics, and travel, so be sure to include that in your commerce content strategy.
Let Sovrn help!
You’re never alone when you partner with Sovrn. We’re dedicated to helping publishers drive revenue during the holiday season and beyond. Our tools and resources are all you need to make 2022 your best year yet.
- Check out our Q3 Shopping Calendar for deals all season long
- Supercharge your affiliate strategy with real-time analytics so you can quickly pivot and make split-second decisions about what is and isn’t working, deliver what readers want, and see all your revenue opportunities in one stream.
- Our Approved Merchants dashboard has been enhanced with new Preferred Merchants functionality, new filtering capabilities, and new reporting options — all designed to maximize your affiliate earnings.
- Stay on top of all your affiliate earnings via the Sovrn Commerce dashboard to see payment information for every merchant, including payment methods, rates, and other relevant data to help you make more educated merchant selections.
Get started today
Already a Sovrn Commerce customer? Log in and start exploring your dashboard. If you’re not already working with Sovrn Commerce, sign up now! Once you complete the approval process, you can start earning right away.