Last night, 16th May 2018, Sovrn’s very own Emily West won the ‘Rising Star’ category of the British Media Awards.
Emily joined //Signal back in April 2016, just a few days before they were acquired by US company Sovrn. She joined the business straight from University and was the first female employee, giving her the tough task of striving in an already male dominated industry at a young age. Emily has been at Sovrn for just over a year and a half, and has already been promoted twice within the Operations team. Originally starting out in a junior role as an Operations Specialist, Emily is now leading the way and is heading up the Operations Engineering function of the UK business.
Sovrn are so proud of Emily and all that she has achieved in her career so far. Huge congratulations!
Nominated alongside Emily were many worthy finalists:
- Sarah Thomson, News UK (silver winner)
- Grace Bowden, Ascential (bronze winner)
- Mollie Hammond, The River Group (finalist)
- Jacqui Kavanagh, Refinery29 (finalist)
- Lauren Carbarn, The River Group (finalist)
- Shehab Khan, Independent Digital News and Media (finalist)
Congratulations to all the winners and finalists. You can see the full list here.