Sovrn strives to provide buyers and sellers with a safe, transparent, and fair marketplace. The following outlines the basic standards Sovrn employs to vet publishers wishing to participate on Sovrn’s ad exchange. This does not constitute a full list and is meant only as a guide for publishers wanting to work with Sovrn.
Sovrn reserves the right to update this list at any time without notice and to refuse or revoke participation of any publisher based on its own judgement.
If you transfer “personal data” (as defined by the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)) of individuals in the European Economic Area (EEA) to Sovrn’s ad exchange, and you want to make your inventory available to Google’s DBM platform, you agree: (1) to comply with Google’s EU User Consent Policy available here, and any updates to it, and (2) to obtain consent from your readers in the EEA to the processing of their personal data by the vendors listed here, and any vendors that may be added to this list in the future.
- Content must be safe for work
- Content must contain no nudity
- Content must not depict extreme acts of violence
- Content must not contain hate speech, harassment, bullying, threats, or similar content that advocates against any group, organization, or individual
- Content must be original
- Site cannot promote the use of illegal drugs or substances
- Site cannot support the acquisition of illegal drugs, firearms or other illegal items
- The domain represented to Sovrn must be a website or web page meeting traffic guidelines. For example, browser extensions will not be considered a site.
- Content cannot be entirely image-based
- Written content must exhibit a level of effort sufficient to engage a reader base
- Posts must be created frequently
- Posts must contain a date and time stamp
- Posts must list an author
- Sites must have reasonable history of content
- Site must display user interaction
- Slideshows or list content must contain more content than ads
- Site must be directed at only readers above the age of 16 years old
- Site must contain no file-sharing or copyrighted material
- Site cannot redirects users to unwanted websites
- Site cannot distribute malware
- Site cannot contain automatic downloads
- Site must pass all review checks
- Page cannot contain more ads than content
- Site cannot contain pop-ups, pop-unders or redirects
- Site cannot contain video ads with auto-play audio
- Site cannot contain inappropriate ads
- No more than 3 ads in view at a time
- Ads must be clearly separated from content and declared as ads when embedded in content
- Ads cannot distribute malware
- Refresh cannot occur more frequently than every 20 seconds.
- Ads cannot enable cryptojacking
- Site must be compliant in accordance with the Coalition for Better Ads
- Publisher must own or have a direct relationship with the domain represented to Sovrn
- In cases where an ads.txt file is present, the file must be on the site where ads are served, and the publisher or representative must list Sovrn’s seller ID in the ads.txt file
- Audience must arrive at the domain primarily from organic sources
- Traffic must meet current minimum quality standards set by Sovrn
- Traffic meets minimum quality standards as measured by Sovrn’s 3rd party traffic vendors